Rari Capital is a DeFi protocol that allows users to borrow, lend and earn yields on crypto assets. The platform offers a range of products such as tranched stablecoin pools, customizable lending and borrowing pools (Fuse), and yield aggregator.
RGT is the governance token of Rari Capital and has the following use cases:
- Governance: RGT token holders can participate in voting through on-chain governance.
- Liquidity mining: Users can contribute to the liquidity pools on DEXes to earn liquidity mining rewards and a share of the DEX transaction fees.
Rari Capital consists of the following major components working in conjunction:
- Yield Aggregator: The platform offers four pools (USDC, DAI, ETH, and Yield), where users can deposit a supported token and in return receive an interest-generating token. Each underlying asset will be deposited into various strategies (i.e. lending to Aave or Compound).
- Fuse: Users are able to create isolated lending and borrowing pools, where users receive a quantity of fTokens equivalent to the underlying tokens supplied.
- Tranche: The platform provides users front-end access to Saffron Finance tranches products. Users will not incur additional fees for directly purchasing Tranche products through the Rari Capital platform.
As at November 5th 2021, the maximum and total token supply of RGT is 20,00,000 and the circulating supply is 11,255,098 (~56.28% of the total token supply).
Note: On September 16th 2021, the community approved a proposal to mint 2,500,000 RGT immediately, and mint 7,500,000 RGT linearly across the next 3 years. This represents a total of 10,000,000 RGT to be minted and allocated to the DAO's treasury.