Ocean Protocol (OCEAN)An Ecosystem for the Data Economy and Associated Services.
- Ocean Protocol is an ecosystem for the data economy and associated services.
- Using Ocean software components, users can launch their own data marketplaces on Ocean, connected to the decentralized Ocean data sharing network.
- Via these data marketplaces, data providers can monetize data while preserving privacy and control while data consumers can access data that they could not get before - private data.
- Ocean tokens (OCEAN) are currently used within the Ocean network to pay for data services (download datasets, using compute-to-data).
- In the future, OCEAN tokens can also be used for referral rewards, staking, as governance tokens for the OceanDAO and more.
Ocean Protocol's activity and community overview