Gala is a gaming and NFT platform that aims to build an ecosystem of blockchain games, which operates on both Ethereum and BSC. The platform offers various features including a platform for NFT games (Gala Games) and an NFT marketplace (Gala Store). Users are able to play games, trade NFTs, participate in network governance and consensus.
GALA is the native utility token of the platform and is used in the following functions:
- In-game currency: Users are able to purchase in-game items and NFTs in the official Gala store, and can also be obtained by playing games on the Gala platform.
- Node incentives: In return for running nodes on the Gala network, GALA tokens are rewarded to the Gala node operators. Learn more about node reward distribution here.
GALA consists of the following major components working in conjunction:
- Gala Store: Users are able to use GALA tokens as in-game currency to purchase items and NFTs, which can be used to play in the games on the Gala platform.
- Gala Games: A platform for users to easily access the Gala game titles, and view the development pipeline. Town Star, a farming simulation game, is the first game released by Gala.
- Triple Proof Node System: Gala uses a hybrid consensus mechanism, which incorporates Proof-of-Work (PoW), Proof-of-Stake (PoS), and Proof-of-Storage. The network is supported by three distinct node types which are the Founder nodes, Paid nodes, and Free nodes.
- Governance: Gala network consensus voting is only available to Founder node operators. The majority of proposals will be about which games to add to the Gala Games platform, but there are other types of votes as well. Learn more about the governance process here.
As at September 13th 2021, the maximum token supply of GALA is 50,000,000,000. The total supply is 35,240,112,493 and the current circulating supply is 6,980,000,000 (~19.81% of the total token supply).
Learn more about the token distribution here.